Social Science Research Analyst, USDA Food and Nutrition Service Office of Policy Support, 2016 to present. Design research and evaluations focused on the federal Child Nutrition and Food Distribution programs, currently focused on school meals, after-school programming, and procurement of fruits and vegetables. Manage and provide guidance for the contracts and grants in place to carry out the qualitative and quantitative evaluation activities. Prepare written materials and reports on program access, effectiveness, and participation. Participate in the Leadership Council for the new FNCS Women in Agriculture chapter, working to create events and opportunities for women in the agency.
Analyst, Government Accountability Office, 2015-2016. Collaborated with teams on research methodology and design, data collection, message development, and data analysis on federal programs. Position included interviews with agency officials, collecting information, conducting analyses, and drafting reports. Prepared written materials using evidence standards and collaborated to produce final report on emergency international food aid (GAO-14-22) and Department of Energy contracts (GAO 16-529).
Research Associate, Department of Youth, Family, and Community Sciences, North Carolina State University.
- 2015-present: Research regarding food safety plans at farmers' markets in NC and VA.
- 2014-2015: Development and analysis of instruments to increase food handling knowledge and practices at North Carolina food pantries statewide.
- 2011-2013: Development and evaluation of best practices tool for food safety in community and school gardens. Designed evaluation and empirically tested curriculum in 3 NC counties.
Graduate Research Consultant, Department of Public Policy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Assisted undergraduate students with research projects related to course.
- PLCY 575: Science Policy, Professor Maryann Feldman, Spring 2013
- PLCY 210: Policy Innovation and Analysis, Professor Maryann Feldman, Fall 2012
- PLCY 089: State Parks and Conservation Policy, Professor Jonathan Howes, Spring 2011
Research Assistant, Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Summer 2011. Lead graduate student on literature review on food systems commissioned by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy.
Research Assistant to Charlotte Price, Sarah Lawrence College, Spring 2004. Researched subjects for college-level economics course for women incarcerated at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in New York.